Film Reel 2021

The process

So over the past few weeks we have been working on creating new film reels for ourselves. As we started, I had an idea to use"Don't Stop Me Now" for my music in the reel. Clearly that didn't work out, as I found out, I didn't have enough high energy clips to match the pace of the song. After that I was stuck on trying to find a new song, but I was also working on the feature script so I had to make a decision fast. I ended up using "Gangsta's Paradise" from my last film reel. Needless to say, it fit my style perfectly once again. On top of my clips from the last film reel, I now added more scenes from "Lazy Sunday" and my "Wii" commercial.

Overall reflection

    Overall, I thought that my reel showcased my style really well. I tried to go for a more comedic style of reel as that's what I prefer to make genre-wise. Some solid examples of this is many of the clips from "Lazy Sunday" and my "Tears of Tomorrow." They both gave off such a goofy vibe that showcased who I am in the best way possible. Shot-wise I thought it had my best shots so far, especially with the lightsaber fight scenes and the money falling on the ground, that shot in particular is one of my favorites. I tried to brand myself as a director, which I think I did well by showcasing some scenes of dialogue and especially with my action scenes. By showing the action scenes it showed that while I can do comedy well, I can also direct action.
    Next time, I want to make my reel with different music and make it wholly new, using some of the same clips, but have a whole new feel. I think I can do that if I'm not super busy with the feature film like I was this time. Music is something I definitely want to change, I still think "Don't Stop Me Now" would be a really solid song for my style. Next time I would like to keep the same comedic, goofy tone that I had this time but also show off my other genres so I'm not constraining myself to one genre. I also want to remove the "actor" part from it, while I do act, I don't think it fits in my reel.
    This was a solid reel, it was honestly better than my last one, which I was super proud of. It perfectly encapsulates who I am as a filmmaker in high school.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSS Web Project

The Bouncy Ball Project Thingy